Riding a large, unanticipated wave of energy means the dreams are big once again. My gnat-like attention span means I typically don’t keep a blog theme for longer than a year, but I’m hoping that gradual changes–instead of the usual “change everything now” approach” will make consistency more tenable. In an effort to find a lasting blogging personality, I’ve planned the following changes. Hopefully I can kick the implementation snowball downhill before Strangling creeps in, at which point progress will grind to a halt until Breath comes to save me. Hopefully, Developments will stave off the entrance of Strangling and allow me to breathe for a while longer.
- A new rating system. Stars are trustworthy but they’re oh so boring. I’ve also determined that my former rubric is much too shallow. I’m adding a few more items to make rating more accurate.
- Post queues. Queues will help out when Strangling or school prevent me from writing every week.
- Custom images. This will be most applicable to the new rating system, but I’m also hoping to add something to the site header. I might post some random personal artwork. Maybe.
- Developments. I’ve begun Developments to help keep Strangling in check because it comes fast and it comes often. It’s affecting my life in ways I don’t like so I’m taking action. I prefer to breathe.
- Related work. I’m toying with the idea of listing authors’ other books under my main post, if applicable. I’m not sure whether I’m in love with this idea yet.
- Gradual change. Random new themes and layouts are jarring to long-time readers (thanks for your patience!) so I’ll try to stop doing that.
This is where I would include an awesome footer or a cute sign-off message/slogan if I had one.